BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (WJTV) – Three suspects were arrested in Brookhaven Tuesday morning for robbing Bank of Franklin in McComb.
McComb police said two suspects took personal items from a bank employee and counterfeit money before leaving the scene. A third suspect was the getaway driver.
Investigators said the suspects left the scene in a grey Honda Accord with a Texas license plate. A McComb police officer spotted the car on I-55 N. McComb police and the Mississippi Highway Patrol chased the suspects to Brookhaven, where they lost control of the vehicle and crashed.
All three suspects were captured around 8:00 a.m. and taken back to the McComb Police Department. They were charged with armed robbery.
No one was injured in the chase or crash.
- What’s next for Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh’s fortune? Longtime friend files lawsuits
- Moss Point mayor, wife plead guilty to fraud charges
- Amtrak: Passenger trains to return to Gulf Coast in 2022
- Drunken driving charge against Bruce Springsteen dropped
- Third stimulus checks: Key vote coming that will impact $1,400 payments