JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Marco strengthened into a Category 1 hurricane on Sunday, August 23.
Hurricane hunters discovered the winds in the eye wall of the storm are 75 mph.
The storm is expected to make landfall in the New Orleans area Monday evening.
Click here to keep up with the 12 News forecast.
- Baby born at Miami International Airport given extremely appropriate name
- Doctors concerned of dangerous COVID-19 Delta variant which is more infectious and in Louisiana
- Alexa, find me the best Prime Day deals for simplifying my life
- Senate set to take up voting rights bill as Republicans push back
- NJ waitress abducted, assaulted after trying to stop dine-and-dashers, police say