JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) announced two inmates, from different regions, died in the hospital.
Carl Magee, 63, was pronounced dead Friday morning at the Greene County Hospital in Leakesville. Malachi Lewis, 77, died Thursday night at the Mississippi State Penitentiary hospital, where he had been since late July.
According to MDOC, foul play is not suspected in the prisoners’ deaths. The cause and manner of death are pending an autopsy in each case.
Magee was serving a 10-year sentence at the South Mississippi Correctional Institution for possession of a controlled substance with intent in Hancock County. He was sentenced June 10, 2013.
Lewis was serving life for murder in Attala County. He was sentenced March 17, 1983.
- Brady vs Rodgers, possibly Mahomes vs. Allen in title games
- Brady, Bucs, end playoffs for Saints, Brees, 30-20
- Chiefs advance after Browns’ comeback comes up short
- Belhaven head coach Blaine McCorkle discusses upcoming spring season
- Blake’s Take: 2018 Clemson is greatest college football team of all time