HATTIESBURG, Miss. (WHLT) – The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will realign traffic on U.S. Highway 11 through a construction project in Picayune on Monday, January 4.
The traffic shift is part of an ongoing $15 million highway reconstruction project from Cayten Street to Lakeshore Drive through Picayune.
Starting Monday, crews will shift their construction zone from the east side of the roadway to the west side. This will require traffic to shift from the west side of the roadway to the east side. This will allow crews to begin work on the west side.
The Picayune Police Department will assist with the transition. During the transition, drivers should use caution and follow directions given by traffic control personnel.
This project has been divided into two phases. The first phase includes the widening of U.S. 11 into four lanes. The contractor is Barriere Construction Company, LLC, of Franklin, LA, and work is expected to be completed fall of 2022.
The second phase will include the construction of a new bridge over the East Hobolochitto Creek and is currently scheduled for construction beginning in 2023.
The entire project is estimated to be completed in 2025.
- Laurel Lady Tornadoes Defeat Holmes County Central for the 5A State Championship
- Holmes County Central defeats Lake Cormorant for the 5A State Championship
- Clients unable to reach MDHS to recertify food stamps
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead
- Multiple people hospitalized after crash at intersection of Northside and McWillie Drive