YAZOO COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi Department of Transportation announced work will begin this week to repair part of Highway 49 in Yazoo County.
The highway, just south of Yazoo City, was damaged due to a base failure.
MDOT said traffic remains in the head-to-head-configuration in the northbound lanes. Repairs are expected to be finished by Fall 2020.
- Senate Dems concerned about future of Affordable Care Act
- Continental, Hinds Community College announce new apprenticeship programs
- Lee Elementary closer to receiving new name, according to JPS
- Second man pleads guilty to role in murder at Hattiesburg Mugshots restaurant
- NOAA projects persistent drought conditions stretching from Texas to California this fall