JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – On Wednesday, Governor Tate Reeves announced that Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) Executive Director Greg Michel tested positive for COVID-19.
Reeves made announcement during his COVID-19 news conference on Wednesday.
MEMA released the following statement on social media:
After testing positive for COVID-19, Director Michel is self-isolating and is doing well. All employees who have been in direct contact with him were tested today. Those results were all negative. MEMA is fully operational. We’re taking the necessary precautionary measures to ensure the safety of all employees.MEMA
- Online COVID-19 vaccine appointments available for 16 & 17-year-olds in Mississippi
- Minnesota ex-police officer to be charged in fatal shooting of Daunte Wright
- Colton Underwood, star of ‘The Bachelor,’ says he’s gay
- ‘Excruciating pain’: Father of 2-year-old beating victim says system failed son
- Tips to raise chickens at home