JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate Mike Espy raised $641,000 from over 10,000 grassroots donors. His campaign said Espy out-raised incumbent Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith three-to-one in the second quarter.
“With Republicans facing an increasingly bad outlook in November, Senator Hyde-Smith’s strategy of waiting for the establishment to bail her out won’t work this time. Mississippians have lost confidence in Senator Hyde-Smith and they are ready to make a change,” said Espy for Senate campaign manager Joe O’Hern. “Unlike Senator Hyde-Smith, Mike Espy is committed to moving Mississippi forward by focusing on Mississippians.”
- Cuban asylum-seeker shot dead on Juarez strip days shy of being allowed to enter U.S.
- Alligator captured in yard of Eagle Lake homeowners
- Biden tours Ford Rouge Electric Vehicle Center, says future of America is electric cars
- Focused on Solutions: One-on-one with Mayor Lumumba on Jackson’s crime crisis
- California border town laments extension of border restrictions