ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A missing 3-year-old boy was found by an officer in a pond a block away from his home and was pronounced dead in the hospital shortly after.
The St. Petersburg Police Department responded to a home at Lakewood Estates around 11:30 a.m. Sunday for the missing boy.
An officer found Malik Brown in a pond on Alcazar Way South around 11:40 a.m., about a block and a half away from his home.
The child was transported to the hospital but was later pronounced dead.
- Two more deaths at Parchman, now the governor and committee search for solutions
- Callaway High School student makes Lions All-State Band
- Shaped by Sports: The McClelland Family Legacy
- Outbreak from new virus rises to 440 in China, with 9 dead
- Stop taking DNA samples from detained migrants, lawmakers tell DHS