JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – U.S. Representative Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) announced the U. S. Department of Justice has awarded $2,749,002 in funds to State of Mississippi Agencies.
|Mississippi Department of Public Safety Contact: Emberly Holmes, Director(601) 977-3756||$1,646,002 / FY 2020 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program||Grant funds can be used for state and local initiatives, technical assistance, training, personnel, equipment, supplies, contractual support, and information systems for criminal justice.|
|Mississippi Attorney General’s Office Contact: Lachelle Clemons, Director of Victim Compensation(601) 359-5950||$1,103,000 / FY 2020 VOCA Victim Compensation||The grant award provides funds from the Crime Victims Fund to enhance State Victim Compensation payments to eligible crime victims.|
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- 81-year-old ‘Fitness Gran’ takes over TikTok
- 12 News Investigates: Pandemic Tax Scams
- City of Jackson voting precinct changes, absentee voting information for 2021 municipal elections
- US carries out airstrikes against Iranian-backed militia facilities in Syria