GULFPORT, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi Aquarium announced a custom license plate will help support the conservation of endangered species, as well as the aquarium.
The specialty tag fee is $33.00. This amount does not include the Ad Valorem taxes collected by the county tax collector.
The license plate, designed by Jason Heitzmann, features an Atlantic bottlenose dolphin and Kemp’s ridley sea turtle with the Aquarium’s iconic sails in the background. The sails represent the Aquarium’s three pillars: education, conservation and community.
Proceeds from the purchase of the plate will support research and conservation efforts for dolphins and sea turtles along Coastal Mississippi and beyond. For production to begin, Mississippi Aquarium must secure 300 pre-orders for the plate.
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s Story
- Captain Ross retires from Hinds County Sheriff’s Office
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- Fewer than half of COVID-19 vaccines promised to Baja California will be delivered
- 3 South Texas congressmen ‘optimistic’ as Biden vows to tackle immigration