TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A Mississippi man accused of child molestation has been arrested in southern Arizona, federal authorities said Sunday.
They announced that 62-year-old Augustus Brook was taken into custody by U.S. Marshals in Tucson.
Authorities said Brook allegedly molested a 4-year-old female relative.
A warrant for his arrest was issued Aug. 7 in Stone County, Mississippi .
Authorities said Brook left Mississippi after the alleged incident.
Investigators in Mississippi obtained information that Brook traveled to Tucson last Thursday. He was tracked to a Tucson home and arrested Friday.
Authorities said Brook was being held in the Pima County jail on a $100,000 bond and awaiting extradition to Mississippi.
It was unclear Sunday if Brook had a lawyer yet.
- President-elect Biden fractured foot while playing with his dog, doctor says
- Mother of slain Florida teen shot during his burial service
- Pennsylvania lawmaker informed of positive virus test at Trump meeting, source says
- US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead, Dr. Fauci says
- Merriam-Webster’s top word of 2020 is no surprise