BOLTON, Mississippi (WJTV) – Representative Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) announced Thursday that the U. S. Department of Justice has awarded $935,065 in funds to the Mississippi Department of Public Safety.
The Mississippi Department of Public Safety will receive $ 670,367 for DNA Capacity Enhancement and Backlog Reduction (CEBR) Program and $264,698 for Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grants Program (FORMULA).
The funding will be used to increase the capacity of publicly funded forensic DNA and DNA database laboratories to process more DNA samples and improve forensic science and medical examiner/ coroner services.
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Is it already too late to mail in your 2020 Election ballot?
- Dr. Fauci says COVID-19 vaccine won’t be available until January, warns U.S. is ‘not in a good place’ as cases spike
- Challengers face uphill battle in Democratic stronghold of South Texas border
- US Army Secretary visits Jackson State