VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — A 78-year-old man died Thursday in a house fire in Mississippi. A woman and four children escaped without injuries.
Warren County Fire Coordinator Jerry Briggs told the Vicksburg Post that people were asleep when the house caught fire. He said one child smelled smoke and woke his mother. She saw fire in the kitchen and living room and got the rest of the children out.
Family members tried to get Lucius Jackson Jr. out of the House but could not, Briggs said. An autopsy will be done.
- Laurel Lady Tornadoes Defeat Holmes County Central for the 5A State Championship
- Holmes County Central defeats Lake Cormorant for the 5A State Championship
- Clients unable to reach MDHS to recertify food stamps
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead
- Multiple people hospitalized after crash at intersection of Northside and McWillie Drive