JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi Lottery Corporation (MLC) completed its May transfer of $12,728,965.17 in net proceeds to the Lottery Proceeds Fund in the Mississippi State Treasury. This brings the total amount deposited to the state to $60,006,706.47 since launch on November 25, 2019.
“Raising funds to benefit Mississippi’s roads, bridges and education is a top priority,” said MLC President Tom Shaheen. “We are already seeing lottery-funded projects awarded by the Mississippi Department of Transportation, and that is exciting. Additionally, the MLC awarded our first millionaire last week!”
- President Biden signs executive order, with bipartisan support, to bolster US supply chains
- Woman jokes about unfortunate pre-pandemic tattoo that left her ‘mortified’
- Winter storms affect Hinds County farm
- Man arrested, charged with possession of narcotics in Madison
- $15 minimum wage: Where the debate and alternatives stand