HATTIESBURG, Miss. (WHLT) – Mississippi Power announced it would activate its storm center on Monday, August 24, at 5:00 a.m. ahead of Hurricane Marco.
The storm center allows company leadership to all be in one location to help lead the restoration efforts after the storm. Leaders said they will follow CDC guidelines when it comes to social distancing.
Mississippi Power requested 600 additional resources from Alabama Power, Georgia Power and contract crews to help with the restoration efforts. North division crews from Mississippi Power, like Laurel and Meridian, to help with the efforts.
- West Jackson homeowners thankful to survive tornado day before Thanksgiving
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments
- Traveling nurse gets shocking diagnosis while helping with coronavirus efforts in North Dakota