JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Mississippi Secretary of State Michael Watson is focusing on making sure voters are safe during the November election amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Mississippi National Guard was staged at the Mississippi State Fairgrounds on Friday to pick up tons of protective equipment that will be delivered statewide. Through the CARES Act funds, Watson said his office was able to provide all 82 counties with extra PPE, masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and disposable pens.
As for Friday’s event, Watson said the crates will be delivered to nine distribution points. County circuit clerks will pick them up and drop them off at different precincts in their area.
- Mother of slain Florida teen shot during his burial service
- Pennsylvania lawmaker informed of positive virus test at Trump meeting, source says
- US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead, Dr. Fauci says
- Merriam-Webster’s top word of 2020 is no surprise
- Sweet 16: Vote in round two of our holiday movie bracket