JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Secretary of State’s Office is warning the business community, especially LLCs, to be cautious of a misleading mailer sent by a private entity called C.F.S.
In the mailer, the company offers to prepare 2021 annual reports for a $75.00 fee. The mailer may appear to be official government correspondence, but the fine print makes it clear it is not.
All business owners should be aware this correspondence is not authorized by the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office.
As a reminder, domestic LLC owners can file annual reports on the Secretary of State’s website at no cost. Annual reports are due by April 15 of each year, and the Secretary of State’s Office sends numerous reminders, via electronic mail and traditional mail, reminding our Mississippi LLCs of upcoming filing deadlines and responsibilities.
Businesses may report deceptive or misleading solicitations to the Secretary of State’s Office or the Mississippi Attorney General’s Office. The Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Hotline is 1-800-281-4418.
For more information, please contact the Secretary of State’s Business Services Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or (601)359-1633.
- State capitols boarded up, fenced off, patrolled by troops
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Protests demanding Ted Cruz’s resignation to be held at senator’s Houston office on Saturday