JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jeffery Cornelius has received the chance of a lifetime to be featured in a HBO Max musical. A special documentary celebrating the talented class of 2020 who’s year was cut short.
The HBO Max original, ‘Homeschool Musical’ highlights a challenging senior year for 2020 graduates. Thousands of high school seniors submitted videos but only 7 were chosen.
Jeffery, a graduate of Murrah High School in Jackson was among those chosen.
He says Covid-19 cut him short of opportunities to develop his craft as an actor and theatre professional.
The singer had man shows planned in the summer but they got cancelled when Covid-19 shut everything down.
Jeffrey plays 9 instruments, and has been singing his whole life, and acting since 12. His dream is to be an actor on Broadway.
Currently, he is a freshman at the University of Cincinnati.
Homeschool Musical is now on HBO Max and will be for the foreseeable future.
- Mexico has $1 million for ‘Dreamers’ in the U.S.
- Rep. Ocasio-Cortez responds to arrest of Capitol riot suspect who allegedly said ‘Assassinate AOC’
- Focused on Mississippi: Walter Anderson’s Oldfields
- Boom system installed south of the border to prevent trash from flowing into U.S.
- Belhaven University builds COVID-19 testing facility to test students every week