MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A 22-year-old from Mississippi was crowned Miss USA in an event held Monday night at Graceland.
Asya Branch was the first Black woman to represent Mississippi in the Miss USA event.
WREG spoke with her last year. You can see that interview here.
Branch, who is from Booneville, is a student at the University of Mississippi in Oxford.
She will represent the United States at the Miss Universe 2020 pageant.
- Mexico has $1 million for ‘Dreamers’ in the U.S.
- Rep. Ocasio-Cortez responds to arrest of Capitol riot suspect who allegedly said ‘Assassinate AOC’
- Focused on Mississippi: Walter Anderson’s Oldfields
- Boom system installed south of the border to prevent trash from flowing into U.S.
- Belhaven University builds COVID-19 testing facility to test students every week