JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Mississippi’s 2020 Sales Tax Holiday begins Friday, July 31, through Saturday, August 1.
According to the Mississippi Sales Tax Holiday, sales tax is not due on the sale of articles of clothing, footwear, or school supplies if the sales price of a single item is less than $100.00.
Items priced at $100.00 or more are subject to sales tax at the regular retail rate of seven percent.
To view the full list of ineligible or eligible tax-free clothing, accessories, footwear, school supplies and additional items, click here.
- ‘Unfathomable’: US death toll from coronavirus hits 200,000
- McComb appeals ruling that police chief was unfairly fired
- Tonight on NewsNation: President Trump’s first prime-time sit down interview after the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Mississippi Ag Commissioner encourages farmers to sign up for food assistance program
- 465 new coronavirus cases, 36 additional deaths in Mississippi