NATCHEZ, Miss. (WJTV) – Natchez police arrested a mother and a father on child abuse charges after responding to a call at Holiday Apartments on Monday, October 5.
Officers said they received a call around 1:30 p.m. about a three-month-old having breathing complications. AMR arrived at the scene, and they took the baby to the hospital. While at the hospital, nurses discovered signs of abuse and notified the police department.
The baby was airlifted to a children’s hospital that was capable of handling the level of trauma the baby was suffering.
During the investigation, police said the baby exhibited classical injuries of shaken baby syndrome, which resulted in both acute and chronic brain bleeding, several different fractured bones of which showed signs of calcification indicating an older fractures as well as new fractures.
Officers arrested the mother, 20-year-old Jabreunna Thomas, and the father, 21-year-old Davion Minor. They were both charged with felony child abuse resulting in serious injury. The two suspects appeared in court on Wednesday, and their bonds were each set at $750,000. Thomas and Minor are both being held at the Adams County Jail.
- Veterans: Your free breakfast awaits at Shoney’s on Veterans Day
- Man in critical condition after shot multiple times on Bailey Avenue
- Voter advocates hoping to stave off intimidation at polls
- Do campaign signs still matter in 2020?
- Want to play Pac-Man in the real world? You need a Caterpillar vehicle for this wild Illinois maze