JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) is now providing COVID-19 vaccinations for Mississippians who are 75 and older, in addition to all healthcare and frontline workers.
According to MSDH, the COVID-19 vaccination is a two-dose series. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are not interchangeable. The second dose in the two-dose series must be the same manufacturer/type of vaccine as the first.
Patients must schedule an appointment for their second dose 28 days from the day they received their first dose. Officials also require that their second dose of COVID-19 vaccine is received at the same facility they received their first dose.
There are 18 drive-thru sites where people can receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
If you have any questions or concerns about the COVID-19 vaccine, contact 877-978-6453.
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- Florida woman, 20, electrocuted by downed power lines trying to escape car after tree fell on it
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction
- Some GOP-led states target abortions done through medication
- 117 new coronavirus cases, one additional death in Mississippi