JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police are investigating after five people were shot while playing a dice game, and investigators said the shooting may be gang-related. The incident happened Thursday night outside Serenity Apartments on Hospital Drive.
According to Officer Sam Brown, a group was playing dice outside when someone drove up and started shooting at them. The suspect chased the group through the apartment complex.
There’s no information on the conditions of the victims at this time. No deaths have been reported.
Brown said a suspect has been identified, but they are not releasing that person’s identity.
- Jackson State wins 2021 SWAC Championship
- Catalytic converter theft: Can a simple piece of equipment keep it from being stolen?
- Man shot, killed at Texaco on State Street in Jackson
- Man experiencing homelessness chooses dog over housing, much-needed surgery: ‘I will not leave him’
- Franklin County man sentenced for sexual battery