MCKINNEY, Texas (AP) — A 15-year-old Texas boy was charged with murder Sunday for beating his mother to death.
The teenager’s father called McKinney police around 1 a.m. to the home outside of Dallas, where authorities found Stacy Ellen Barney, 50, police said. Home security video allegedly captured the teen attacking Barney inside the family home, police said.
The boy was arrested in the area during a search, according to investigators. His name was not released because he’s a juvenile.
Authorities did not comment further on the circumstances surrounding the beating or the injuries Barney suffered.
- Woman killed in hit-and-run in Rankin County
- MRA Defeats Jackson Academy 69-44 to Advance to 5A State Finals
- In spite of warnings, migrants keep showing up at border campsite in Tijuana
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs recovered safely
- Looking back, volunteers who stuck by asylum-seekers in Mexico take moment to rejoice