WASHINGTON (AP) – Attorney General William Barr says the Justice Department will seek to reinstate the death sentence of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
Barr told The Associated Press on Thursday that the Justice Department will appeal a July court decision that tossed Tsarnaev’s death sentence and ordered a new trial to determine whether he should be executed for the attack that killed three people and wounded more than 260 others.
A three-judge panel of the 1st U.S. Circuit court found that the judge who oversaw the 2015 trial did not adequately question potential jurors about what they had read or heard about the highly publicized case.
- Lily Pad Cafe Opening to Provide Jobs for Special Needs
- Local inventor fights against COVID-19 with the creation of a face shield
- U.S. Senator Roger Wicker supports efforts to fill vacancy of Supreme Court
- Cities creating racial ‘healing’ committees to confront past
- Walmart, Amazon among donors to QAnon-promoting lawmaker