WASHINGTON (AP) – Attorney General William Barr says the Justice Department will seek to reinstate the death sentence of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
Barr told The Associated Press on Thursday that the Justice Department will appeal a July court decision that tossed Tsarnaev’s death sentence and ordered a new trial to determine whether he should be executed for the attack that killed three people and wounded more than 260 others.
A three-judge panel of the 1st U.S. Circuit court found that the judge who oversaw the 2015 trial did not adequately question potential jurors about what they had read or heard about the highly publicized case.
- Toddler shot at Advantages Apartments in Jackson
- Couple who aided presumed Plains Township shark bite victim in Ocean City, Maryland shares their story
- ‘Lol at all of this’: $28 Sam Adams beer found on menu at New York airport
- Cartoon depicts migrant campsite in Tijuana as ticking time bomb
- At Saints camp, receivers with short resumes getting a shot