WASHINGTON (AP) – A federal appeals court has ordered the dismissal of the criminal case against President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn.
The U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbiua said in a 2-1 ruling that the Justice Department’s decision to abandon the case against Flynn settles the matter, even though Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to prosecutors in special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.
U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan had declined to immediately dismiss the case, seeking instead to evaluate on his own the department’s unusual dismissal request.
- Vicksburg to catch up on city workers’ pandemic hazard pay
- Jackson VA Medical Center hiring Registered Nurses
- 1,230 new coronavirus cases, 18 additional deaths in Mississippi
- CVS, Target will require customers to wear face masks in stores
- Judge dismisses charges against 4 former social workers in death of California 8-year-old