ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — A 58-year-old man was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver early Friday morning after he reportedly walked into the street and sat down.
The St. Petersburg Police Department said the incident happened just after midnight Friday morning. Police said a driver of a white Nissan Altima struck the man and drove away.
The pedestrian died from his injuries.
The police department is searching for the driver of the sedan. Officers said the car should have left front damage and a missing left front fog light bezel.
- Amtrak: Passenger trains to return to Gulf Coast in 2022
- Drunken driving charge against Bruce Springsteen dropped
- Third stimulus checks: Key vote coming that will impact $1,400 payments
- Man released early from prison accused of killing 3, including cutting neighbor’s heart out
- YMCA helps community members experiencing water shortage