NEW YORK (AP) – Jeffrey Epstein’s longtime confidante Ghislaine Maxwell has been transferred to New York to face charges she recruited women and girls for him to sexually abuse.
The Bureau of Prisons confirmed that Maxwell was transferred Monday and is currently being held at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn. Prosecutors have asked a judge to schedule a Friday court appearance in Manhattan federal court for for Maxwell.
The 58-year-old was arrested last week at a $1 million estate she had purchased in New Hampshire.
Maxwell was the former girlfriend and longtime close associate of Epstein, who killed himself in a Manhattan jail last August while he awaited trial on federal sex trafficking charges. She has denied wrongdoing and called claims against her “absolute rubbish.”
- Endangered/Missing child alert issued for two kids in Lawrence County
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown
- 4 charged in death of man found burning in Iowa ditch
- President Trump sets date to announce SCOTUS pick as GOP locks in votes needed to confirm nominee
- Giraffe watch 2020? Zoo home to April the Giraffe anticipates another birth