CHICAGO (WGN) — A pregnant woman was shot and killed while on a front porch in Chicago.
Police said the shooting happened just after midnight Tuesday on the city’s South Side. Shot-spotter technology alerted police to gunfire.
Officers arrived to find the 35-year-old woman, who was eight months pregnant, unresponsive with two gunshot wounds in the back. She was taken to a hospital, where she died. The woman has not yet been identified.
Police said doctors were able to deliver the baby, who is in critical condition.
No one is in custody, but police are investigating.
- New C-Pod reopens at Hinds County Detention Center
- Mississippi State Fair extended for one more week
- Alabama Senate candidates face off in exclusive interviews
- Asylum seekers stage demonstration at the border, demand their cases be heard in US
- Republicans say Democrats planning to pack the Supreme Court