(WFRV) – The Brewers will follow the lead of the Milwaukee Bucks and not play Wednesday night as a demonstration following the shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Star closer Josh Hader said earlier in the afternoon that the team would be having a meeting to discuss what they would be doing. The decision to not play tonight was reported widely just after 5 p.m. on Wednesday evening.
There has not been an official statement by the team or Major League Baseball about the players’ decision.
The Bucks decided to boycott Wednesday’s game five against the Orlando as a demonstration against the police shooting of Jacob Blake on Sunday. The NBA has since followed suit by postponing all playoff games on Wednesday night.
- Veterans: Your free breakfast awaits at Shoney’s on Veterans Day
- Man in critical condition after shot multiple times on Bailey Avenue
- Voter advocates hoping to stave off intimidation at polls
- Do campaign signs still matter in 2020?
- Want to play Pac-Man in the real world? You need a Caterpillar vehicle for this wild Illinois maze