LOS ANGELES (NEXSTAR) — While you’re still sorting through Halloween candy, the modern-day queen of Christmas music says “it’s time” to start playing your holiday favorites.
As she did in 2019, Carey posted a video to social media on November 1 that effectively ushers in the Christmas music season.
The clip shows a Halloween goblin walking through a home and opening a door that reads “not yet.”
When the ghoul opens the door, Carey is in her Christmas jammies in front of a decorated tree as snow falls on her head. She looks down at her watch and exclaims “it’s time.” After screaming with joy, her holiday hit “All I Want for Christmas is You” begins blaring.
It’s also worth noting there are two tiny dogs in Christmas outfits that don’t seem impressed by the scene.
Carey does include a line of caution at the end of the clip that reads, “but let’s get through Thanksgiving first.”
What do you think? Too soon or just right?
- President-elect Biden fractured foot while playing with his dog, doctor says
- Mother of slain Florida teen shot during his burial service
- Pennsylvania lawmaker informed of positive virus test at Trump meeting, source says
- US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead, Dr. Fauci says
- Merriam-Webster’s top word of 2020 is no surprise