WASHINGTON (AP) – The Trump administration is suing former national security adviser John Bolton to block the publication of a book that the White House says contains classified information.
The suit follows warnings from President Donald Trump that Bolton could face a “criminal problem” if he doesn’t halt plans to publish the book. The administration has also said the former adviser did not complete a pre-publication review to ensure that the manuscript did not contain classified material.
Bolton’s attorney, Chuck Cooper, has said Bolton worked for months with classification specialists to avoid releasing classified material. He has accused the White House of using national security information as a pretext to censor Bolton.
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- ‘Oh Mercy’: Short film sheds light on plight of migrants at Matamoros tent encampment
- Focused on Mississippi: Ghost Hunt in Natchez, Part 2
- Digital First: Record number of absentee voters in Warren County
- City of Jackson offers safety tips for Halloween