WASHINGTON (AP) – President Donald Trump said Saturday he’s given his “blessing” to a proposed deal between Oracle and Walmart for the U.S. operations of TikTok, the Chinese-owned app he’s targeted for national security and data privacy concerns.
Trump said the proposed deal will result in the creation of a company based in Texas and under the control of U.S.-based Oracle and Walmart.
The president has been targeting TikTok, a video app popular with younger people, as well as WeChat, another Chinese-owned app.
The dispute over the two apps is the latest flashpoint in the rising tensions between the world’s two largest economies.
- Mississippi leaders on inauguration of Biden, Harris
- Mississippi Blood Services at crisis level for blood donations
- WATCH: Lady Gaga sings national anthem at Biden’s inauguration
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?
- Hosemann Family Foundation creates scholarship for future educators