WASHINGTON (AP) – President Donald Trump said Saturday he’s given his “blessing” to a proposed deal between Oracle and Walmart for the U.S. operations of TikTok, the Chinese-owned app he’s targeted for national security and data privacy concerns.
Trump said the proposed deal will result in the creation of a company based in Texas and under the control of U.S.-based Oracle and Walmart.
The president has been targeting TikTok, a video app popular with younger people, as well as WeChat, another Chinese-owned app.
The dispute over the two apps is the latest flashpoint in the rising tensions between the world’s two largest economies.
- Forrest County, Hattiesburg declare state of emergency ahead of Zeta
- Richland officer airlifted to hospital after chase ends in crash
- ESPN’s College GameDay to broadcast live from Augusta National Golf Club, showcasing fall Masters Tournament
- Madison officer injured after chase leads to crash in Jackson
- UMMC’s 1,000th hospitalized patient with COVID-19 discharged on Monday