(AP) – UPS says it plans to hire more than 100,000 extra workers to help handle an increase in packages during the holiday season. UPS said Wednesday that it expects a record peak season.
Volume of packages for delivery usually rises starting in October and runs through January. The company says it will have full-time and part-time seasonal jobs, mostly package handlers, drivers and driver helpers.
The Atlanta-based company touts the seasonal jobs as ones that can lead to year-round employment.
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- ‘Dewgarita’: How to make the Mountain Dew margarita Red Lobster’s now serving
- Q&A: What does banning TikTok and WeChat mean for users?
- Hawaii to allow travelers to skip quarantine with virus test
- Canada extends U.S. border restrictions to Oct. 21