KINGSVILLE, Texas (AP) – The U.S. Navy has welcomed its first Black female Tactical Aircraft pilot.
The Navy on Thursday recognized that Lt. j.g. Madeline Swegle had completed naval flight school and would later this month receive the flight officer insignia known as the “Wings of Gold.”
The Naval Air Training Command tweeted that Swegle is the Navy’s “first known Black female TACAIR pilot.”
According to Stars and Stripes, Swegle is from Burke, Virginia, and graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 2017. Officials say she is assigned to the Redhawks of Training Squadron 21 in Kingsville, Texas.
- Stimulus check latest: Biden urges Senate Democrats to rally behind $1.9T COVID-19 bill
- Masks still required in Jackson
- Toby Collums introduced as new Madison Central AD and head football coach
- Police shootout during FOX 5 live report ends in arrest
- SCOTUS considers Arizona voting rights case as House lawmakers debate bill expanding access to polls