NEW YORK (AP) – A white woman walking her dog who called the police during a videotaped dispute with a Black man in Central Park was charged Monday with filing a false report.
In May, Amy Cooper drew widespread condemnation for calling 911 to report she was being threatened by “an African-American man” when bird watcher Christian Cooper appeared to keep his distance as he recorded her rant on his phone.
District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. said in a statement on Monday that his office had charged Amy Cooper with falsely reporting the confrontation, a misdemeanor. She was ordered to appear in court on Oct. 14.
- Lily Pad Cafe Opening to Provide Jobs for Special Needs
- Local inventor fights against COVID-19 with the creation of a face shield
- U.S. Senator Roger Wicker supports efforts to fill vacancy of Supreme Court
- Cities creating racial ‘healing’ committees to confront past
- Walmart, Amazon among donors to QAnon-promoting lawmaker