RANKIN COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – A natural gas pipeline ruptured in Rankin County Friday afternoon.
According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, the incident happened on MS 468 near MS 469. Traffic is being diverted in the area.
Mississippi Public Service Commissioner Brent Bailey said a tree struck by lightening fell on a gas meter and caused the leak.
MHP said drivers should find an alternate route until the area is safe and the highway reopens.
- After this week, you’ll be one step closer to a $1,400 stimulus check
- Dog and goat serving as mayor raise money to renovate playground
- Twitter temporarily suspends congresswoman over election fraud claims
- South Carolina man wanted after taking selfie with John C. Calhoun statue during Capitol riot
- ‘Rooting hard for you’: Will Oval Office departure notes end with Trump?