EDWARDS, Miss. (WJTV) – What is typically a quiet neighborhood in Edwards, now has neighbors concerned after claims of shots being fired on Jones Road.
Homeowner and Pastor Albert Lewis said his stretch of road has been riddled with bullets for several years now.
Lewis said his biggest concern is that children could be innocent bystanders.
“We’ve been crying out for help, but we haven’t gotten any help here over some years,” said Lewis. “They’ll say the same thing. They’ll come out and then ride and then look around for a few minutes, and then you have the same old, same thing.”
Hinds County Captain Tyree Jones said he can’t deny or confirm Lewis’ claims, but he said the sheriff’s department looks into all claims as a serious matter. Jones also said the Hinds County Sheriff’s Office and Edwards police have been aggressively patrolling both the county and city limits.
- Susan B. Anthony’s grave has new plastic shield for protection from ‘I voted’ stickers
- 60,000 in Southern California to evacuate after blaze grows
- Jackson Downtown Convention Center Hotel temporarily closed
- Map shows early frigid blast sweeping half the country
- How did your neighbors donate? Map breaks down Trump-Biden split by zipe code