NEW ORLEANS, La. (AP) — The owner of a strip club in a popular New Orleans entertainment district has been charged with raping an intoxicated, underage girl who was visiting the area with friends.
The Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control told news outlets it had investigated complaints of underage dancers, underage drinking and prostitution at Bourbon Street’s Kama Sutra Cabaret.
New Orleans police charged the owner, Vishal Motwani, with rape, false imprisonment and indecent behavior with a minor.
According to a police affidavit obtained by news outlets this week, the victim said she was allowed in without identification, was given alcohol and led to Motwani’s office where he attacked her.
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- Sister Norma, a South Texas icon, named among Time’s 100 Most Influential People of 2020
- Veterans will ride 20 horses for 20 miles to raise suicide awareness
- Watch Live: Protests break out in Louisville, more expected across the country after Breonna Taylor case announcement
- Trump won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses