JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Newk’s Cares hosted a virtual event on Thursday in an effort to spread awareness about ovarian cancer.
Marketing Director of Newks Eatery, Madison Newcomb, said the Ovarian Cycle was held to not only educate people but to also encourage others to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The virtual fitness instructor’s exercises included pilates, spin class and yoga.
Currently, Newk’s Cares has raised more than $200,000 in donations, which will go to the Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance.
- 7.5 magnitude earthquake strikes near Alaska, triggering tsunami warning
- Standing in the gap: grassroots efforts to tackle inequities in education
- Stimulus update: Pelosi, Mnuchin ‘narrow differences’ ahead of House speaker’s Tuesday deadline
- Putting the ‘X’ back in Mexico: Gigantic red sculpture getting a makeover in Juarez
- CVS hiring several thousand work-from-home employees among 15,000 openings