SIMPSON COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – A judge decided no bond would be given to the suspect accused of killing a Simpson County deputy on Friday.
Joaquin Stevens Blackwell is accused of killing Deputy James Blair at a mental health center in Mendenhall. Blackwell was captured on Saturday after a manhunt.
According to MBI, this is an ongoing investigation in an effort to identify any other possible subject or subjects that helped Blackwell initially avoid arrest.
- NYC’s first African-American mayor, David Dinkins, dies at 93
- ‘That’s all I have’: Chesterfield mom pleads for return of infant daughter’s stolen ashes
- Coronavirus pandemic blamed for rise in violent crimes across the U.S.
- VIDEO: Florida man rescues puppy from jaws of alligator
- Woman hit and killed on Daniel Lake Blvd. in Jackson