SIMPSON COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – A judge decided no bond would be given to the suspect accused of killing a Simpson County deputy on Friday.
Joaquin Stevens Blackwell is accused of killing Deputy James Blair at a mental health center in Mendenhall. Blackwell was captured on Saturday after a manhunt.
According to MBI, this is an ongoing investigation in an effort to identify any other possible subject or subjects that helped Blackwell initially avoid arrest.
- Storm Team 12: Rain bands continue from Gulf storm, with local flooding possible
- Delta variant: What if I’m vaccinated?
- Mississippi Creates: Local Photographer Releases Portrait Book That Captures Black Culture
- Mississippi Coast could see flooding from tropical system
- Mississippi State to host Conservation Camp