JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The deadline for Mississippians to register to vote in the November election is at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 5. Absentee voting is currently underway.
In Hinds County, the election commission and the circuit clerk’s office have noticed higher turnouts than years past for voter registration. For those in line by 5:00 p.m., it’s a law that they can still register to vote.
COVID-19 guidelines have been implemented to avoid clusters, including social distancing, face mask requirements and temperature checks.
- Secretary of State makes surprise trip to Afghanistan after Biden announces he’s pulling troops from region
- More ‘plus-up’ stimulus payments on the way to taxpayers this week, IRS says
- Mississippi shoppers could spend more on groceries this month
- 12 News Investigates: Madison County teachers, staff receive COVID-19 vaccines
- Young Wesson girl battling cancer gets her Make-A-Wish