NASHVILLE (WJTV) – The Mississippi Department of Corrections announced the inmate who escaped from Parchman has been captured.
Officials said Arthur Lestrick was found in Nashville on Tuesday. He will be returned to the Mississippi State Penitentiary.
Lestrick, 40, was confirmed missing early Sunday morning from Unit 28. He has been serving a life sentence since 2009 for capital murder in Copiah County.
- Mississippi governor announces 20,000 COVID-19 vaccine appointments for patients
- Florida police looking for road-raging bikers who beat driver with wrench, helmets
- The TEP Center: An Integrated School, turned into a Community Center
- Chiefs’ Mahomes in concussion protocol after playoff win
- Garth Brooks set to perform at Biden inauguration, says it’s ‘not a political statement’