NASHVILLE (WJTV) – The Mississippi Department of Corrections announced the inmate who escaped from Parchman has been captured.
Officials said Arthur Lestrick was found in Nashville on Tuesday. He will be returned to the Mississippi State Penitentiary.
Lestrick, 40, was confirmed missing early Sunday morning from Unit 28. He has been serving a life sentence since 2009 for capital murder in Copiah County.
- Police: Murder suspect tried to blame others for death of Ft. Hood soldier
- MBI responds to crime scene on U.S. 61 North
- Man injured after shooting on Lawrence Rd. in Jackson
- Nearly 100 people infected with coronavirus after Ohio church service
- Seven test positive for COVID-19 in South Tippah School District