FAYETTE, Miss. (WJTV) – Jefferson County deputies, along with Fayette police, arrested the parents of a seven-month-old girl. They allegedly gave the baby alcohol.
The infant was airlifted to the University Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) in Jackson on Tuesday and admitted to the intensive care unit. According to authorities, the baby is stable at this time.
The mother, Quenya Hill, and father, Michael Harried, have been charged with one count of felony child abuse and one count of child neglect.
Harried is being held at the Jefferson County Jail, and Hill is being held at the Adams County Jail. Both are waiting on an initial appearance.
- Rhode Island doctor accused of ‘recklessly’ exposing patients, staff to COVID-19
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Man convicted in 3 killings to be last of 13 executed under Trump administration
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault