JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV)- Patty Patterson, a west Jackson native, announced on Thursday that she plans to run for mayor of Jackson.
Patterson said she believes now is the time to change the city.
“It is too much blood and trash on these streets, and it’s time we stop this run away freight train. With a “Boots on the Ground” approach, we can get our city on the perfect track.”
She is the second person this week to announce her bid for Jackson mayoral race in 2021. As of now, Patterson joins contenders Wanda Evers and Jackson mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba.
- Four good Samaritans help save injured deputy sheriff from creek
- In private, Texas governor told county judges he’d put up a ‘fence’ not a ‘border wall’
- Child tax credit checks: IRS launches new tool to prevent parents from missing out on payments
- Sunday Summer Rock Festival to be held in July
- BrainStorms: Science with Scottlin – On the Go