PETAL, Miss. (WHLT) – The mayor of Petal Hal Marx and the Board of Aldermen issued an ordinance prohibiting targeted residential picketing.
The Board of Aldermen ordered the rule effective immediately as a concern of public peace, health and safety due to continuing and threatened protests and counter-protests. The penalties for the violation were established in a meeting Thursday, June 18.
According to the restrictions, no person can engage in targeted picketing activity within 300 feet of a residential area. Penalty for violation of the ordinance will result to a fine, not to exceed $500.00.
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- 12 News Investigates: Are gun shows contributing to culture of violence?
- Jackson mother describes experience of not having water for weeks
- New Yorkers split if Governor Cuomo’s apology was sincere