HATTIESBURG, Miss. (WHLT) – Hattiesburg police arrested three teenagers for auto burglary on Wednesday.
According to investigators, officers attempted to make contact with the suspects around 4:00 a.m. They ran to a nearby vehicle and left from Eva and Mamie Street.
Police said officers chased the vehicle a short distance. The suspects crashed into a stop sign at Adeline Street and Emerald Lane. The teens tried to run from the vehicle, but they were apprehended.
Police said all three suspects are 15-year-olds from Hattiesburg.
The teens have each been charged with one count of auto burglary, and additional charges are pending in the ongoing investigation.
- U.S. Senator Roger Wicker supports efforts to fill vacancy of Supreme Court
- Cities creating racial ‘healing’ committees to confront past
- Walmart, Amazon among donors to QAnon-promoting lawmaker
- Local organizations host voter registration drive, free masks giveaway
- Mississippi Children’s Museum hosts annual Science Fest