GAUTIER, Miss. (AP) — Residents in a coastal Mississippi city can now get around in more places in golf carts.
Gautier City Council passed an ordinance that went into effect Friday allowing golf carts on any city street where the speed limit is 25 mph (40 kph), WLOX-TV reported.
Golf cart owners have to purchase a decal for $25 to operate the vehicles on city streets.
Golf carts also have to follow all traffic and parking rules.
- Mississippi Legislative Black Caucus opposes Reeves’ declaration of April as Confederate Heritage Month
- Mississippi Moment: Small uptick in COVID cases for Thursday
- VWSD, William Carey partner for education initiative
- Inspector general: Capitol Police need more funding for better security
- Group of Democrats introduce bill to expand Supreme Court; not all lawmakers on board