HATTIESBURG, Miss. (WHLT)- Progress has been made on Hattiesburg Police Department’s public safety complex.
The 90,000 square foot building is the future home to both the Hattiesburg Police Department and Municipal Court, and it’s 65% complete. The facility is located at the original site of the former police department’s building at the corner of Hall Avenue and Edwards Street.
The new complex is composed of three buildings featuring the municipal court, police records, a media room, police administration, dispatch, community relations, patrol, traffic and special operations. A new feature is the addition of a community room. The facility currently does not have a specific date for its opening, but construction could be finished later this year or in early Spring 2022.
- Councilman Stokes calls for investigation into Jaxon Energy Plant
- Local funeral home experiences increased demand due to COVID-19
- Councilman Stokes calls for City of Jackson to help residents with water bills
- Missing Child Alert issued for 15-year-old Kira Hamilton of Natchez
- Crossville law firm giving away a free divorce for Valentine’s Day