JONES COUNTY, Miss. (WHLT) – On Tuesday, M & M volunteer fire department responded to a fire at 9:25 am. A neighbor passing the residence activated 911 after passing the home and seeing heavy smoke and flames from the windows.
Upon arrival, firefighters found the older model single wide mobile home fully involved with flames showing through each window and the roof compromised from the extensive blaze.
Fire investigators said the next door neighbors reported hearing a loud boom and their power failing at the time the incident began. The rental home was vacant at the time of the incident, with the last tenants having moved out within the past week.
No injuries were reported.
- Mississippi governor announces 20,000 COVID-19 vaccine appointments for patients
- Florida police looking for road-raging bikers who beat driver with wrench, helmets
- The TEP Center: An Integrated School, turned into a Community Center
- Chiefs’ Mahomes in concussion protocol after playoff win
- Garth Brooks set to perform at Biden inauguration, says it’s ‘not a political statement’